Pages Navigation Menu

Jewelry Store Norman and Moore Oklahoma

About Us

Shortt's Jewelry

Shortt’s Jewelry Since 1945

Shortt’s Jewelry was established in 1945 by Carl Shortt Sr. He had acquired the skills for jewelry making and watch repair when working in a small town jewelry store in Mangum, Oklahoma.

Upon his return from service in WWII, he opened his first store. It was located on the Interurban Trolley route between Oklahoma City and Norman, Oklahoma. As pictured, the place was small, but busy since the trolley was one of the main sources of transportation as people returned from service and reentered the work force.

Carl Shortt Sr. was soon able to move to a larger location where he remained for over 60 years.

Carl’s son, Mark Shortt, joined the business in 1971. In 2001, Mark’s son, David Shortt, entered the business. Carl Shortt Sr. has since passed away, and in his memory, two generations of the Shortt family continue the original family goal of providing quality jewelry service and merchandise to the Oklahoma City metropolitan area.